Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's been awhile!

Well, I've been a bit slack in the blogging world havent I?!

Life has just gotten hectic around here in the past fortnight or so. My mum and dad were here for a week, hubby has been working crazy mad hours and I've been holding together a house with the cleaning, cooking & general chores.
I have found a quiet moment this morning to spend some 'me' time. I am enjoying a quiet cuppa, heading to clean the kitchen, hang out some washing then the sewing room is all mine!! I will have to spend 10 minutes doing a speed clean in there as all the odds & bobs have been dumped in there (again!).

We've had rain for the past 2 days with some more threatening clouds around today. Fingers crossed that it does not rain today as we are all itching and champing at the bit to get the headers chomping away through the crops.


Helping hubby move gear during swathing.
The rows are freshly swathed, hence why they are so green.

 

Swathed canola rows. At this point they are starting to dry out
quite well and are nearly ready to be picked up.

This is a video of the swather. Hubby was doing 12hr shifts so I quite often joined him for dinner. The swather cuts the canola crop and lays it in rows that sit on top of the stubble to allow the crops to dry & ripen, ready to be picked up.


I couldnt resist. Had to share a photo of my Red rolling in the dirt on the dam bank.
He gets so excited when he's been in the water!!



I did have a two day "break" in town for the local show. I helped a friend with her saddlery store and babysitting duties of Miss 1mth old and Miss 2. I was the lucky one to share a room with Miss 2 who woke at 5am. No wonder I'm so tired! I normally enter some of my photography in the show & I had plans to enter my Happy Quilt however I missed the entry cut off for the photography & I am still working on my Happy Quilt. However, I did take some photos of the quilts created by the very talented local quilters. I will pop up a post on those later on!


Works in Progress:
-Happy Quilt
-Owl Cot Quilt
-2 cheaters cot quilts.

Project Wish List:
-Christmas Table runner
-Rainbow Log Cabin quilt
(there are more but they are stored way back in my mind somewhere to be dug out at a later date)



1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see the canola harvesting process. I was only saying to my hubby the other day as we were driving back from his parents place at Murray Bridge 'I know what's missing, the canola crops have disappeared!' I'm guessing they were there but having a little lie down like yours! Hope you sneak in some sewing!

    ReplyDelete