Friday, August 24, 2012

More busy.....


Oopsy, another week since my last post! I promised myself I wouldn't do that.

So, quick catch up. I went out on a deep sea fishing boat for the first time on the weekend and although we saw whales and dolphins and caught some great fish, I wont be doing it again. I last 3 hours and had to be taken back to shore - I was a bit sick. Since then, life has just gotten away from me! One day was taken up with a trip to town for my fortnightly shop which included a trip to my local patchwork shop (more material - shhh! Don't tell hubby!).
I took some time also to visit a friend just down the road who I haven't seen for ages. She had a Janome Memory Craft 6000 with a Horn sewing cabinet that she said I could have if I liked what I saw. Well, I couldn't pass that up so it's now patiently waiting on some TLC before I bring it in and set it up in my sewing room. Finally I have 2 machines!!

My SuperChef is cruising along well. I made another cheesecake and this morning I attempted some Choc Chip Muffins as per the recipe in the provided book. It was so quick & easy however, the mixture ends up very smooth and not lumpy like I've been told muffins should be. They still cooked fine and they tasted pretty good.


I have been working on a table runner & mug mat prototype set for a little while now. Here is the table runner (folded in half) and the first mug mat. I learnt a lot from the first mug mat and hope to fix some of the little issues I have with the next three. Keep watching -- more photos to come once it's all finished.
 



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress pics from the Table runner and coasters!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete